Last Updated on
Today, running is one of the most popular ways to combat obesity. It really helps to burn all the excess, tightens the skin and at the same time promotes health. But in fact, not everyone gets the desired results. And the point here is not that running is ineffective, but that the person does not know how to run for weight loss. Let’s try to figure it out.
The benefits of running for weight loss and not only
Running for burning fat is a simple and effective way to lose weight. Not just because this sport has gained immense popularity around the world. It has several advantages, including the following:
- Running is available, it does not require financial investments and special equipment, so anyone can be engaged.
- It is a safe sport, and if you follow the basic rules, it will only benefit.
- Regular exercises really help to lose weight, because they give a powerful cardio load.
- On average, an hour of running burns 500-700 kcal.
- Running gives a person all-round benefits, and it concerns not only figures, but also health. It helps to fight stress, strengthens the nervous system, trains the heart and blood vessels, improving their work.
- Jogging normalizes the work of the digestive organs, accelerates metabolism.
- Running perfectly strengthens muscles, keeps them in good shape.
- This type of activity stimulates the removal of harmful toxins from the body, toxins, excess fluid.
Despite the fact that running helps everyone lose weight, you need to take into account its contraindications, and they are as follows:
- serious irregularities in the work of the heart and blood vessels (heart defects, heart failure, problems with pressure);
- bronchial asthma;
- endocrine disruption;
- serious vision problems;
- inflammatory processes in the body;
- infectious diseases;
- musculoskeletal problems.
Very full people before starting jogging should consult with a specialist, as they can cause yourself harm. In their case, perhaps walking or jogging might be more appropriate.
To lose weight by running, it is recommended to explore its different options and choose the best one. It is also very important to know how to run correctly for fat burning, to learn all the rules and recommendations.
How to run for burning fat: the basic rules
We already know that the answer to the question of whether running for weight loss helps will be positive. However, there are a number of nuances that need to be taken into account so that runs really give a result. Consider them in more detail.
Note that the duration of the run will depend on the intensity of the workout. You also need to take into account the level of physical fitness and choose the load that will be optimal. It is recommended to start with not too long runs and gradually increase their duration, as well as the distance running.
It is recommended to run for at least 40 minutes 3 day a week full body workout, because only after this time has passed, the body begins to expend not calories, but directly the hated fats. Many experts recommend interval running – it increases stamina and contributes remarkably to weight loss.
Preparation and completion of training
Proper fat burning doesn’t have to start and end just like that. You need to follow certain rules. Before training, consider the following:
- It is recommended to eat at least two hours before the workout in order to burn exactly the fats;
- It is previously useful to take a contrast shower, which will help to bring muscles and blood vessels into tone, so it will be easier for the body to transfer the load;
- Before the main part of the lesson, do a little warm-up – it will help prevent injuries and muscle pain, as the body will be ready for the loads.
Between workouts you need to control your diet. Naturally, it is not recommended to use sweet, fatty and other products-enemies of the figure. Limit salt intake, as it tends to retain fluid in the body, and this increases the volume of the body. It is also important to drink enough water, and in the process of training you can do it too.
After running such recommendations will be useful:
- Stop gradually, not abruptly. Go from running to walking and gradually slow down. This will help restore breathing and pulse, and cause the body to burn even more calories.
- After a run, take a warm shower to help soothe the muscles and nervous system.
- Do not allow hypothermia. In the process of running, the body warms up, and a light breeze or draft can adversely affect health.
We select the intensity of training
The important point is how to run to burn fat – the intensity of running, which determines the speed of weight loss and the final results. It is important to remember that it is important not only to lose weight, but also not to harm health.
The more intense the training, the faster the energy is consumed. A calm and relaxed run for health is safe, but it is more suitable for keeping fit, not for weight loss. But excessively intensive training can lead to exhaustion of the body, and as a result, it can begin to lose not only fat, but also muscles, and the cardiovascular system can suffer from excessively strong loads.
Therefore, the load must be increased gradually and consistently. If you are new to running, start with the minimum and increase them over time. You can determine the intensity of your workout yourself by watching your pulse. Usually a good fat burning effect gives a pulse of more than 130 beats per minute. However, if this figure exceeds 150, then the load may be too intense. With the right intensity, the pulse should return to the usual indicators no more than half an hour after the end of the run.
Control your breathing. It must be natural and deep, dyspnea is unacceptable.
Clothes and shoes
Proper equipment also plays a significant role in the effectiveness of running. Shoes and running suit for weight loss should be as comfortable as possible, do not hold down movements.
Clothes should be chosen from natural, breathable materials. You can use a special suit for weight loss, providing concentration on some problem area. For example, you can buy accelerating the process of losing weight breeches and shorts.
Shoes should choose a comfortable and lightweight, perfect fit. It will help reduce stress on the joints and minimize the risk of injury.
Often, those who want to reduce the volume of the abdomen, it is recommended to use a belt for running and losing weight or food wrap. In principle, this is useful, but do not expect a miracle to happen, and you will lose weight in three workouts. These items help speed up the process of removing excess fluid, which also has a beneficial effect on the process of losing weight. There are also belts with a massage effect.
How often and how much to run to burn fat? Regularity – the most important key to success. The best option is to run 3-5 times a week. To speed up the achievement of the result, you can alternate running with other types of activity, such as strength exercises or swimming. Running for weight loss is recommended for a man to combine with weight training.
Do not expect quick results. Explicit changes for the better will be noticeable after 6-8 weeks of regular workouts.
Knowing how to run properly to lose weight, you can improve your appearance without harming your health. Additionally, it is recommended to adhere to the following recommendations:
- In the process of running, you must control your physical condition. No pain, dizziness. Breathing should remain smooth.
- You can run on the treadmill and in open areas. The first option is good because it is available in any weather. The second allows you to enjoy the beauty of nature and breathe fresh air, but due to weather features it will not always be available. It is recommended not to run on asphalt, but on the ground – this has a beneficial effect on the level of endurance, will allow to distribute the load correctly.
- Make sure the running technique is correct.
- Posture in the process of running should be smooth. Breathe evenly. Changes of pace should be smooth.
If by running you want to achieve fat burning in a specific area, you can follow the following technique recommendations:
- For slimming the legs, it is recommended to use the technique with high lifting of the hips, include running with added step in training, alternate running with jumps (with or without a rope).
- To lose weight in the abdomen, additionally use the load on the abdominal muscles and always control their tone.
With the observance of all the rules and the absence of contraindications, you can safely begin to run, and soon notice obvious changes for the better. Also, remember about proper nutrition and loads of a different nature – in combination you will receive an effective program that will help you achieve the perfect figure. As a bonus, running will help you improve your health and forget about stress and depression.