Why are we building our biceps? First, it’s beautiful. Secondly, it is an indicator of strength and a harmoniously built body, and indeed a reason for the pride of an athlete. But chaotic flexion and extension of the arms will not make the biceps bigger and more prominent. This is a whole art. Bodybuilding expert shares secrets to help get wider biceps.
10 Secrets to Get Wider Biceps
Your task is to disperse the blood and direct the blood flow to your hands. Start by jogging and rowing. (Five minutes on each machine.) This approach will release protective synovial fluid in the elbows and wrists to help prevent injury during training.
Then sit down, grab a dumbbell and bend your arm. Hold for a few seconds at the point where your forearm is parallel to the floor and slowly lower your weight. Do three sets of 10 times on each hand.
2. Watch Your Elbows
The pull of the block with a load on one arm while standing will help to unload them:
- The arm is bent at the elbow and is on the simulator. Place your palm at shoulder height. Pull the block towards your head. Perform three sets of 10 times on each hand. The elbows are relaxed, not pressed to the body.
3. Keep Pulling
After Lat Pulldown, go to Seated Cable Row.
Sit in front of the bar, keep your back straight and your arms straight in front. With a reverse grip, grab the projectile and pull towards you. Bend your elbows until the projectile is near your chin. Hold on for 1 second. Continue the negative phase of the exercise by counting 2. Three sets of 12 reps.
The grip plays an important role in muscle growth. For biceps, place your palms outward, for forearms, inward.
In order for the veins to be visible, aerobic training sets must be performed. Explosive exercises for 20 minutes will burn fat and bulge the veins.
5. Dumbbell Biceps Curl & Arm Curl Machine
Exercise №1 – Dumbbell Biceps Curl. Dumbbells in hand, palms forward, pull the weight up. At the peak, bend your arms and place your fists behind your shoulders. You need to perform three such approaches 12 times.
Exercise №2 – Arm Curl Machine. Sitting position with legs apart, shell in hand. Place the elbow of your working hand above the knee. Bend while keeping your elbow motionless. Return to starting position and do 3 sets of 10 times on each hand.
Tip: Return to your original position slowly.
6. Change Your Exercises Constantly
And not only them, but also the pace, the order of execution, the angle to load the muscle to the maximum. Add elements that you didn’t. All this is necessary so that the body does not get used to the load and is in good shape.
There are two options for taking a break:
- recover muscles every 3-5 minutes to increase the load in the next exercise;
- during the break, train other muscles. Then return to the biceps again.
Both options give the muscles the opportunity to grow. Choose any or combine.
Also, do not overload the body and forget about good rest outside the gym. The break between strength training should be at least a day.
8. Eat and Breathe Properly
Muscle growth requires energy and strength, and to get them, you need to properly “refuel” before training. You should not overeat, but you can drink a shake according to this recipe. Mix:
- apple juice – 250 ml;
- low fat milk – 250 ml;
- low-fat yogurt – 250 ml;
- raspberries or banana – 200 g.
Don’t forget about carbohydrates. They stimulate the production of insulin, which saturates the muscles with nutrients. Without them, recovery will be slow.
As for breathing, the main thing is not to hold it, so that the pressure does not increase.
9. Reverse Grip Chin Ups & Lying Supine Dumbbell Curl
We swing the biceps on the horizontal bar:
- Stand in front of a horizontal bar on a raised platform, such as a chair. Grab the bar with a reverse grip. Lift your legs off the surface and descend smoothly and slowly, counting from 6. Do three sets of 4 times.
We swing the biceps on the bench:
- Lie down with your head in front. Pick up dumbbells a few pounds lighter than the ones you usually use. Pull them up one by one. The elbows bend and extend slowly. Three sets of 10 reps on each hand.
Make sure to stretch your biceps and forearms during and at the end of your workout. Do the basic stretching exercises and the Cat Cow exercise:
- Get on all fours. The palms are turned inward, the fingers are looking at the knees, the arms are extended. Lean back without lifting your hands off the floor. Feel the tension and hold for 10 seconds. Repeat several times.
And in conclusion: concentrate on the important! At the beginning of the training, load the muscle group you need as much as possible, and only then work with others. Indeed, at the end of the workout, you may not have any energy left for high-quality work with biceps.